Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Crazy Summer!

Well, the very beginning of August started like this picture above.  Addison became extremely sick and we quickly learned she had salmonella!!!  WHAT??  There are a few places she could have caught it from but the important thing is that we got her to quickly recover and become her old self again (the next picture)!  We have been sooo very busy in the past month between Addison being sick, Matt traveling for work, trying to prepare for Baby Girl #2, thousands of doctor appointments, Addison potentially breaking her nose (found out that wasn't possible cause kids don't have bones in their noses), and Addison chipping her two front teeth last week!  WHEW!  I'm not so sure we can fit anything else in other than HAVING A BABY THIS WEEK!!!  That's right.  Miss Priss #2 will be arriving(AKA is going to be evacuated) later this week.  I have been on Modified Bed Rest for over a month (that's nearly impossible when you have a 2 year old by the way), and have been doing NST tests and ultrasounds twice a week for a month.  I know that may sound like alot but this pregnancy is completely boring compared to Addison's!  No worries though, Baby Girl is doing fabulous and they are just watching her closely.  I delivered Addison at 36 weeks 4 days and had to because my fluid dropped to nothing.  I have been so diligent about drinking water in the last month.  If I have anything to do with this, I will not let my fluid drop!!  So the modified bed rest has supposedly helped lots and has really let me have some serious play time with Addison.  I have really been able to focus on her without the constant thought of chores and duties around the house.  This modified bed rest was really the only way to get me to relax and soak in Addison before #2 arrives.  I have loved every second.  I know it will never be like this again.  So, this weekend it was just the three of us and we just enjoyed our time together doing only what Addison wanted to do.  I'm sure it will be an adjustment for her but I know she will love her baby sister.  Addison's teeth are fine we think.  She took a hard fall last Tuesday on our kitchen tile while she was running wild.  She falls all the time but this one was different.  She had the "different cry" and everything going on.  Fortunately, I had already found our Pediatric Dentist and had her scheduled for the end of September for her 1st dental visit.  They were so good to get us in immediately and did the whole xray thing and all.  She was sooo good and that makes me feel good about her 1st visit coming up.  They will see her in a few weeks to do more xrays and to see if the roots are dead.  They told me we would know more than likely within a week if the teeth started to change colors and get dark.  Thankfully they are the same color!!!  I think we will be ok.  They did have to sand the edges down to make them less jaggedy and will have to do more of that in a few weeks.  She knocked them loose but they have tightened back up and we are back to eating her favorite foods.  I believe that is all the big news for now.........I just wanted to start the first post before Baby Girl arrives this week.  Once I get the hang of this blog thing I hope to post all the time!   
Back to her old sweet self!

36 weeks preggo

One of the million NST tests


Chillin' with Daddy

If you look closely, you can see her 2 front teeth!

Giving kisses


What a GREAT weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about the Bankston family blog! I can't believe how big Addison is and I can't wait to see the new baby girl Bankston...and find out her name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get more details about melody! post soon!

    ReplyDelete