Saturday, September 18, 2010

Melody Rose has arrived!!




Melody Rose made her debut last Thursday.  September 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM!  Weighing in at 5 lbs. 11 oz and 18 inches long.


Apgar was 9 and 10! (very proud of that by the way)!  She did fabulous and the whole experience was better than I could have imagined.  We delivered at Highland Clinic and from the very beginning had the best care and best nurses.  I also have to say we had the BEST doctor.

 

 Kerry Tynes was incredible throughout my whole pregnancy and bless her heart for having to deal with us!  We had been through a crazy pregnancy with Addison and she was very involved with that one as well- (even though we lived in Texas at the time).  So, she was always calming me down and easing any fears that she knew I had.  She is so passionate about her job and she cares so much for her patients.  She never let me out of her sight and was on top of everything.  So last Wednesday Matt and I had a fun date at Superior Grill and then went to the movie.  Afterward we went home one last time- (we checked on Addison and told Mom goodnight)- then we were off.  Matt was on a mission to get to the hospital.  I actually told him to slow down cause we were getting there WAY too fast.  We are only about 10 minutes from the hospital and I wanted to delay the process as much as possible.  We had such a fun time taking pictures in the parking lot and joking around.


We were so excited and happy.  So we checked in and got settled and they started the whole induction process at 12 AM.  That's when all the needles started to stick me.  UGH.  Let's just say I am WAY better than I use to be!  Like I use to faint everytime I would get stuck.  Not anymore!  I come very close but I am able to stay strong now. HA!  So after the needles came the cervadil and all that jazz and then Kerry broke my water that morning.  I didn't wait a long time to get the epidural this time around.  Made that mistake with Addison.  I got it so early this time that I was never in any pain and was able to smile the ENTIRE time!  Lesson learned:)  Things went very very fast after I hit 5 cm.  We all were so excited and joking around before I pushed.  One of the nurses came in and said ," Are you ready to have a Birthday Party"?  I loved that so much.  I instantly thought that a year from now we will be watching Melody eat her birthday cake.  Made me realize how FAST those years go by.  So weird and unbelievable.



When Melody popped out we all had our eyes on the scale....we all made bets as to what she would weigh and Matt got it right on!  In the end we all yelled with excitement because we were thrilled with her weight!  Addison was exactly 1 pound less.  It was all so great and such a FUN experience.  I loved how we got to keep her in our room the whole time and there was never any NICU!  I just couldn't believe how perfect it all went.  I got to nurse Melody right after and she was a natural.  Has been from day 1.  That has been sooo nice!  Addison saw her little sister about 10 minutes after she was born.



She just kinda stared at her and kept saying, "Baby Baby."  She learned her name that day and has loved saying it ever since.  She was curious from the beginning and wants everything to do with her.  She loves to touch her and always insists on petting her head while saying, "GEENNTTLLEE."  It's anything but gentle but she tries real hard!


 

 I just never take my eyes off of Melody!  She loves for her to be in the swing and gets real mad when I don't put her in it.

 

 Melody is "learning" how to sleep and it gets better and better.  I know that this stage goes sooo fast but at the time it always feels sooo slow.  I just need to soak it all in!  It is very, very hard to meet the needs of a 2 year old and a newborn at the same time.  I always feel like something is getting neglected but that's just me I think!  It is hard to keep Addison happy while I'm feeding Melody and vice versa.  I can't believe how blessed we are to  have two perfectly healthy little girls at home.  My cup is full!

Below are a few more of my favorite pictures from the first few days.

1 comment:

  1. She is precious!!! I love that you are blogging now and I can keep up with you! LG is a finger sucker and I think I saw Melody sucking her fingers in one of those pictures....so sweet! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete