Saturday, September 25, 2010

Melody's First 2 Weeks

Things around here have been going pretty smoothly considering. :)  We quickly adjusted to having 2 kiddos around.......and it is sooo different in so many ways!  I can't believe I ever thought having one child was hard! HA!  Looking back I wish I had known how EASY that was!  Having two is hard but I love how much more at ease we are with this one.  We have already been through it before and we know what to expect this time around. 
Melody's First Bath
                                  


 
Swimming time!

Melody has been sleeping pretty good at night.  She eats every 2-3 hours and then goes right back to sleep.  For awhile she was spitting up and acting uncomfortable so we got her on some medicine for acid reflux and she has been doing a lot better.  Matt has come up with a "block schedule" at night.  This means that he takes over from 10-12 and then I take over from 12-2.  Get it?  This is so we both are guaranteed some sleep.  We really haven't had to use this much cause she has been so good.  But I find this "block schedule" hilarious!  Matt gets so serious about it that I just crack up.  I'm surprised there isn't an excel spreadsheet to go along with it:) 
 Addison has been doing pretty good with the adjustments.  Every morning when she wakes up she says, "Baby"?  She does know her name very well but she also likes to call her baby.  I am nursing and she is VERY curious about that.  Everytime Melody cries Addison says, "feed her, feed her. and boobie."  She watches closely and has even tried to latch on herself.  Ha- don't think so honey!  I nursed Addison for a year and that was enough!  She has been walking around with her baby dolls and lifting up her shirt trying to nurse them.  Sooo funny! 
 She loves when Melody has tummy time in the play room.  She likes to participate and wants to be covered up just like Melody.  She then makes sure she has all her lovies before telling me goodnight. 
 Addison is having to learn to play by herself.  Something that she has NO clue how to do.  She is used to having my undivided attention so this is a huge adjustment for her.   While I feed Melody this is what makes her the happiest.  She LOVES to color and paint!

Loving her ice cream sandwich!

 We took Melody on her first "outing" the other night.  I hate that I don't have pictures but it was just a last minute thing.  We went to Outback while Mom kept Addison at home.  We weren't planning on going anywhere but figured we might as well take advantage of the situation.  Because of nursing, there is careful planning whenever we go anywhere.  I fed her right before we left and thankfully she stayed asleep the whole time.  I knew she would be hungry at exactly 2 hours and I just cannot do that whole "public nursing" thing.  I do have the nursing cover but I just find the entire thing uncomfortable.  It's just suppose to slip over your head and make it easy but it really doesn't.  You then have to pull your shirt up and whip your boob out while holding your baby and hope your not exposing yourself to other people while the miniature tent supposedly covers you.  No thanks.  I'll just go home:)
 We had Melody's 2 week check up this week and she was 6 lbs!  She had gotten down to 5 lbs a few days after we left the hospital (we know this because we took her in for a jaundice check).  So, within 9 days she gained a whole pound!  We were all excited cause they are only suppose to gain an ounce a day on average.  She has been a great eater! 

This is the pretty wreath Mom got for our hospital room door- I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment