Friday, October 7, 2011

BIG GIRL BED and Grandparent visit!

Honey and Pop came to visit last week and y'all had a blast!  As soon as they got out of the car they set up these cute, blow-up pumpkins.  It was a huge hit with Addison of course!  You LOVE anything blown up that deals with the Holidays!  We have been spending lots of time going outside to check on them and make sure they are ok and to see if they've gone to sleep.  Everytime we back out of the driveway, you always tell them "goodbye" and that you will see them later.  You did the same thing with our Santa last year.  I am loving your excitement for the Holidays and that has encouraged me to decorate more and more! 


 LSU was playing this day and I pulled out the cheerleading uniforms.  I was sooo happy to find Addison's from when she was 1 years old.  It fit Melody perfectly and Addison was super thrilled to match.  She still loves when y'all wear the same outfits.  I really find it hard to swallow when I put your old outfits on Melody.  It just again verifies how fast time goes by and that these baby/toddler days are numbered.  Ouch.  We certainly have our hard days, I won't deny!  There are days when the tantrums, screaming, and time outs are so very frequent.  BUT I love these days and wouldn't change them for anything!  I am always reminding myself to soak it up!



 Little Miss Rosy cheeks!  We spent ALOT of time outside that day.  We didn't realize it until bedtime that you got a little dose of sun!  Not to worry, it went away within a day.  Because your cheeks are naturally rosy, a little sun makes them stand out even more!


 Here you are with Pop helping him clean their car.  Boy did you love this!  This was right down your alley.  You REALLY were a good helper!


Cheesin' it up with Pop
 You loved sitting in the driver's seat.  You thought you were a cool cat wearing some shades and sitting in the convertible!  I was worried you would never want to get in a car seat again!  They said you sat in the car for a couple of hours refusing to get out!

 Ok, SOOO this was all VERY unexpected.  I love the phrase, "Why mess up a good thing?"  This is usually how I would respond when people asked if you were in a toddler bed yet.  You loved your crib and absolutely never showed any signs of moving on.  I figured we would ride this out until you show us otherwise.  *Note* we tried the toddler bed back in December on the day you tried peanut butter for the first time.  Obviously that didn't work out well, so we decided to convert the bed back to a crib and try another time.  Anyway, it was a normal day when we came home from therapy or school (can't remember) and we ate lunch and I put y'all down for naps.  Well, you for some reason decided not to nap and Melody was out.  Even if you choose not to nap (which is only like 1% of the time) I will leave you in your crib to rest for around 2 hours.  So, I listen to you on the monitor talking to all your Doras, Diegos, piggy, kitty etc. for 2 hours.  Then, I hear some weird crying and assume you've just had it and are ready to get up.  This wakes Melody up so I go and get her and as soon as I walk in your room there you are playing on your rug with all your "friends!"  I just froze as I looked at you.  I was so confused/ stunned and for a second questioned if I had even forgot to put you in your crib! (I do have Mommy Brain by the way!)  So, I just said "Addison! Oh my gosh, what did you do?  How did you do this?  Why?"  Then I asked you if you were ok and began to worry cause we of all people know what can happen when someone has a weird fall.  You were fine and I assume you just spent your nap time trying to figure out how to get on the floor with your friends!  (When you're done with nap time, you always throw your friends out of the crib.)  When that happens we always know that is the cue to hurry up and get in there or else a major tantrum is right around the corner!  I just couldn't believe you never gave us a "heads up" that you were thinking about doing this.  I mean, we are SO baby proofed around here that had you given us the SLIGHTEST sign, we would have converted that bed in a second!  So, that night we made it into a BIG GIRL BED!  I talked it up all afternoon and told you how cool it would be!  You couldn't wait to go to bed and we were sooo worried that we wouldn't sleep that night.  We just knew you would be getting in and out all night long.  WELL, since the skittle thing works for the potty, I decided to entice you with starbursts.  When we tucked you in we told you if you went to sleep and never got out of bed until Mommy came to get you, then you would get a starbursts!  You were PUMPED!  You slept great and I told Matt that the first thing you would ask me for would be that starbursts.  I was right!  I opened that door and you said,"I get a starbursts!  I stayed in my bed!"  So, now after every nap and when you get up in the morning you get starbursts- specifically orange ones.  They are your absolute favorite.  AND when you go to the potty, you only want yellow skittles. 
 This is the first time in your BIG GIRL BED!  We kinda made a big deal about it:)  Melody was really excited too!  Oh, and she can pretty much crawl up in your bed by herself.  Yikes.  She loves your bed and loves playing with all your Dora/Diego clan!
Lovin' on sister!
 Since this all happened out of the blue, we weren't prepared with bedding or anything! (You always slept with your favorite blankets in the crib.)  I have been excited about this cause I feel the bedding kinda determines the feel of the room.  I have really put off decorating your room cause I wasn't sure what direction we were gonna go with the bedding.  I am on the lookout now!  AND when we go to a double bed I'm not sure we will even keep this one.  It does convert to the double and that's really why we got it in the first place but now I'm thinking something cute and white.  Funny how your sense of style can change in just a few years!  If we keep this one we will probably paint it white and possibly give it a distressed look. 

So proud of her bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment