Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Need of a Vacation!

 Ahhhh!  So, can you tell what's on my mind lately??  Wakeboarding, surfing, tubing........Matt and Laura time!  I dreamed about the lake house we had growing up last night.  I miss it all.  Sooo, lets take a trip down memory lane shall we?  I also wanted to show Addison and Melody that Mommy and Daddy use to do such cool things!  We love the water and all water sports!  I'm sure y'all wouldn't believe us when you get to be teenagers, so this is your proof! 
The next few pics are on our honeymoon in Maui.  We were taking surfing lessons that morning and this guy took lots of pics for us.  That was the one thing I wanted to do in Hawaii!  I could have gone home after that!   It was a BLAST and so much fun to learn. 
I believe what this post really boils down to is a much needed vacation with my hubby!  This year has been so hard and exhausting.  I KNOW it won't be anytime soon, but we sure do look forward to it one day.  We can dream!

 These next pics are when we lived in Texas.  We got a boat a few years after we got married and loved it so much.  We made great memories on that lake and had a good time bringing friends out there.  We kept the boat a couple of years, then it was time to sell it!  I believe babies were on the brain!  Oh, who am I kidding?  Babies have ALWAYS been on my brain.  I could not wait to start a family.  I remember skiing that summer and thinking, "I better ski hard cause this will probably be the last time for awhile."  I knew skiing would be off limits for a preggo lady.
 Here we are sloleming.  We tore that lake up doing this!  It sure is one of the best workouts ever.

I love this of Matt!
 Taking a break from skiing and enjoying a little tubing.  We always tried tricks on this thing.  Usually ended in one of us flipping off.  Good fun!
 WAKEBOARDING!  Enough said! 
Enjoying the smooth water
 Matt loved to wear his hat at the beginning.  He quickly learned that wouldn't end well!  All kinds of things tend to fall of while skiing!!!! Such as.........wedding rings!!!  That's right.......He lost his ring during a bad fall:(  Didn't realize it till the next morning.  I remember he called from work and was so scared to tell me and so worried how I would react.  I didn't get mad cause there really wasn't anything we could do!  We just got him a new one (that was identical to his original).  The way I look at it is atleast he lost it while we were doing something fun!  Some fishy is now swimming with a very nice wedding band!

No comments:

Post a Comment