Saturday, October 15, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELODY!! (Part 2...The PARTY)

So this post is all about your 1st Birthday Party!  It's funny cause before I had you girls, I use to be sooo organized and had everything so planned.  WEELLL, nowadays I have to throw that out the window!  I had the invitations in the mail and all was ready to go and then Addison got sick.  I thought no big deal cause it was far enough in advance and she would be over it by your party.  BUT what if you got it?  Then it would be right around party day and what would I do?  Well, you got it too (if I remember correctly it was tonsillitis).  So, I rescheduled the party for the next week but a lot of people couldn't make it.  BUT that was OK because we ended up having a really low key fabulous time!  Smaller is better!  We will do it like this from now on until you girls see otherwise!
Cute little plates!
I have always taken monthly pictures to document your growth.  I did this with Addison until she turned 2!  At the 1st Birthday I love to put each pic in a frame and make a circle around some cupcakes or appetizers.  So very sentimental to me!  After the party I always set them up in your baby book. 
So, you had chocolate cupcakes this go around and I think you liked these better than the pink ones on your actual b-day.  They were pretty fantastic!  I did however leave off the sprinkles for you.  Didn't want to take any chances since you only have 2 bottom teeth! 

These were right before the party and I LOVE them!  This was Addison's birthday dress.  You also wore this for your Hawkins photo session( so did Addison).  It is so fluffy at the bottom and I just LOVE it!  I think you did too!



Check out my bottom teeth!


Doing your bumble bee noise

We took you for your 1 year check up when you were almost 13 months.  You girls are proving to be my little petite mamas!  You weighed 18 lbs 10oz (10%) and your length was around 25%.  Addison was pretty much the exact same!  Wonderful things come in small packages!

So happy Mama's holding me!
This is usually what it looks like on a daily basis.  Both kids in some sort of way are on top of me.  I gotta say, I do feel pretty loved!  Oh, and the dogs are never far behind!
I would have to say that this is a pretty normal smile from Addison!  Wow!  I guess we are close to getting out of that "Silly Face" stage!
We ordered pepperoni pizza from Pie Works and you thought it was ok.  I just thought it was funny that you even gave it a try!  No worries though, everyone else loved it!

So by this time you were pretty aware of this whole cupcake/candle thing!  You had the process down and you were pumped to get your hands on that cake!

We had Pat, April, Claire, Baby Sophie (as Addison calls her), Laura, Clay, and Lilly at your party!  It was sooo fun and we had a BLAST letting y'all play outside.  You love to swing and that's where you spent a good bit of time. 

Time to DIG IN!

Can you tell I'm LOVIN' IT?!
Big sister has a thing for these chocolate cupcakes too.  Although she prefers hers to be loaded down with sprinkles!

And here you are after the party digging through your presents!  You just started going through them and pulling everything out! 
You still love a good crawling match.  You begin to chase us and then we turn around and you will high tail it to the other room!  You think this is hilarious and could probably do this all day long. 
These are priceless of you and Daddy!  You needed to be changed and when he brought you back I said, "WHAT is she wearing?"  He said, "LSU clothes!"  I said, "Matt, that doesn't even match."  He said, "It's a purple shirt and purple pants."  MEN!!!!  I let it go though.  Isn't it funny how some of the best pictures ever are always in mismatched outfits?!?!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment