Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy 4 Months Melody!

Happy 4 Months Melody!  Look how big you are!  We have just been having THE BEST time with you.  We have been putting you in the Bumbo for about a week now and you really like it.  I was actually a little surprised at how well you did!  I think you like sitting and looking around like the rest of us.  Addison realized how much she missed her Bumbo and has been trying it out all the time.  She kind of gets stuck but that's ok:)  You are really enjoying your play mat and LOVE to bat and pull at all of the toys.  That will keep you entertained for a long time!  I will use this babysitter while I fix Addison's food.  You like to hold your rattles when we give them to you.  Addison is always trying to hand you your rattles or her crayons and force you to hold them!  You are really trying to roll from your back to belly.  You have gotten all the way on your side and almost get over and then you decide it's not the right time.  You will be crawling in no time at all.  You pretty much love the TV as much as Addison does.  I really rely on the TV for Addison's entertainment when I'm feeding you but lately you have been sooo distracted by it while I nurse you.  It is hilarious!  You will take a few sips and look at the TV real quick as if you don't want to miss what Elmo is saying.  You also will try to watch and eat at the same time (which doesn't work).   You will latch and then try your hardest to cut your eyes at the TV while still eating.  It has gotten to where I have to hold a blanket up high and kind of make a tent around you so you won't be distracted.  You have been sharing your giggles more and more.  You just love to look at Addison and laugh at her.  She won't even be doing anything but you just find her fascinating!  You also love to laugh when I sit you in my lap and do patty cake with your hands.  I clap your hands really fast and you think it is just the best thing!  Addison still loves to snuggle with you while she sucks her thumb and smells your head at the same time.   After she gets a good sniff, she will always say, "Soap."  It is so funny!  What a nice compliment!  I will have to say you have the sweetest smelling skin.  Is there really anything better than the smell of baby skin?  I think not.  You usually sleep from 9 to 5.  I start feeding you around 6:30-7 at night and you will eat for awhile then fall asleep on your daddy's chest.  We wait till you are good and asleep before we put you in the bassinet.  We have to do it like that right now because you really don't like sleeping in your bed!  You are still taking your daily naps in the swing.  You sure are a happy baby so I think we will just keep doing what we are doing for now!  What a JOY you are Melody Rose!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment