Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas and More

Oh goodness- Christmas has come and gone in a flash!  I can't believe I am just now getting these on the blog.  I figured I better hurry up before things get any busier and I forget what we did for Christmas!  They aren't the best pictures because in all honesty, I had a super relaxing holiday and didn't worry all that much about the camera.  I am just now realizing that I didn't get the main picture of all the presents that Santa left! AHHH!  What was I thinking?  I think Matt and I were pretty involved in getting the cinnamon rolls ready for breakfast.  Earlier that week we made Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls and wow they were incredible.  We ended up making 2 different kinds of icings because the original that she calls for was a bit strong.  They made 7 pans and we gave 2 of them to our sweet neighbors across the street.  
Let's see........when we woke up we were thrilled to see that Santa had visited!  Addison had a wonderful art table with built in seats, a kitchen, and a stocking full of goodies.  Melody got a battery powered mobile for her carseat, a bunny lovey and rattle and a stocking full of goodies.  One thing in their stockings were LSU t-shirts.  They are so precious!  They had a fun morning playing with all their new toys.  Honey and Pop came over on Christmas Eve and we had some amazing gumbo for dinner. 

 
If you look closely you can see Addison's new kitchen.  She loves it and now enjoys cooking all day long!  She really loved cooking "spider soup" with her Pop.  They seem to come up with the funniest things!  
Melody's LSU shirt

Melody's bunny lovey and rattle

Learning how to hold her new rattles

Melody opening her Clip and Go Musical Mobile!







This is Christmas morning!  I told y'all we relaxed, didn't I?!  Addison and Melody really enjoyed cuddling with Pop.


Here is Melody taking her Christmas morning nap.  All the presents just wore her out!

Melody loves her Bumbo.  She is doing great with it and really enjoys checking everything out from this perspective!  Addison thought it would only be fair for her to try it out again.  She does kind of get stuck on her way out but she sure doesn't mind.  She started off by calling it a potty- HA!  It really does look similar to the potty we got her!

This is our famous 12 ft. Santa we had this year.  Addison is obsessed with these things and I believe we will get one for every holiday!  She talked about him every single day and would get so worried when he was deflated.  Santa took a few naps this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment