Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Starbucks, Date Night and 1 Month Appointment

I just had to snap these pics and document Addison with "her" Starbucks coffee.  It's actually mine but she likes to think it's hers.  She LOVES coffee!  She always insists she take several sips of my drink.  I let her.  Don't judge.  I get decaf.  Anyway, now that we have Melody I can't really run a ton of errands.  The only things that are convenient are drive-through places....thank goodness Starbucks is one of them!  I try not to go a lot, but it is one of those wonderful perks that I give myself in the late afternoon when we get out.  We all load up after Addison wakes up from her nap--(usually in a grumpy mood).  Once I tell her where we are going she quickly perks up.  She has been saying "Starbucks" for a few months now and it is hilarious.  She's going to be ordering a tall, decaf, nonfat mocha before I know it!  When Totsie comes to visit, they make coffee together every morning.  This is one of her favorite things to do.  She even has her own coffee maker!  


"Just a few more sips Mom"

 Melody had her 1 Month checkup yesterday.  Remember how I said she has been a GREAT eater?  Well, it showed at the appointment.  She was 8 pounds!  That means in 2 weeks she gained 2 whole pounds!  WOW!  The doctor was impressed and actually asked me why I think she might be gaining so much weight.  WHAT??  Who knows and who cares!  We were thrilled and we will take it!  Addison was a slow gainer so this is a different scenario for us.  She said she is in the 25% right now.  It is crazy to me that I am already packing away some of her clothes. 



 Mom came in yesterday to watch Addison while we took Melody to the appointment.  Since she was here we decided to take advantage and go to dinner and a movie with Melody.  It was great.  She is still in that sleepy stage so we were confident we could pull it off.  We saw Life as we know it.  It was really good and Melody slept the whole time.  She started stirring midway and I just pulled the boob out and all was well.  Not many people go to a movie at 5 o'clock on a Monday.  Therefore, it was easy!  We attempted to take Addison when she was almost 5 months old and that was too late.  She was too old and kept waking up and crying.  We learned our lesson!  We might be able to fit in one more movie before it is too late.   Then we went to Chili's and had a great meal.  Topped it off with Buttercup Cupcakes.  They aren't quite Sprinkles cupcakes but they are close.  We use to get Sprinkles in Dallas all the time.  Oh My Goodness.  We miss those!  It was a fun night and we look forward to doing it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment