Saturday, October 16, 2010

Deep in the heart of Texas!

Oh, it is no secret how much I love Dallas.  We truly adore it.  It was a huge decision for us when we decided to move back to Louisiana.  It was a hard one.  When we got married we had a ton of people tell us that we would want to come back to Louisiana within a year.  That never happened.  HA!  It was very much the opposite.  We loved everything about it.  I look at it this way.......you either love it or hate it.  There is no in between.  We have so many memories there and we talk about it all the time.  When I found out I was pregnant with Melody, we were close to making the decision on coming back.  It has been wonderful having Honey, Pop, Totsie and Papa close by.  Addison has LOVED the attention from her grandparents and we wouldn't have it any other way.  If we had stayed in Texas, our girls would have really missed out on some quality grandparent time.  I will also have to say that we adore our new neighborhood here.  We have never had such wonderful neighbors!  The whole neighborhood is made up of the nicest people and they have welcomed us with open arms!  Everyone is always outside with their kids playing in their yards and talking to the people next door.  So much fun!  
    This week will be 6 weeks postpartum for me and that means that I get to start exercising again!  Hallelujah!  I have been waiting so long for this week.  My doctor restricted me working out for the first trimester due to a subchorionic hematoma and then around 25 weeks due to possible growth restrictions that we were watching closely.  I missed it so much and could not wait to find an awesome gym over here.  WELL, I think I might have been a tad bit spoiled in Texas.  The gyms there are absolutely out of this world and they are on every corner.  Have your pick!  The dues are extremely competitive and very reasonable.  I started shopping around over here and I am so dissapointed.  Everything is so old and worn out.  I am so bummed and am trying to figure out what to do?  Should I just deal with it and pay crazy dues for a place I don't even enjoy going to?  So, I've thought alot about this and think I might find a fun yoga/pilates studio.  That should be fun right?  It would be something different for me.  The only problem with that is that yoga and pilates are a little too quiet for me.  Let's just say I've been known to blow the speakers on all of my headphones.  This is how Matt can tell the difference between ours!  Hopefully I can find a place I love over here.  Until then I will continue to dream about Dallas and all it had to offer:)

 One of my favorite parts of Dallas!  I love the buildings--they are so unique! 
My favorite building has always been this triangular one.  It is so cool up close!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment