Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy 22 Months Melody!

Our "go to" restaurant is Outback.  Addison just loves this place and I think you do too!  You mainly just move around and color and try to get to all the sugars/ salt and pepper shakers, forks, and knives.  When we get seated Matt and I immediately transform those tables.  We are on a mission and just get to work immediately.  Basically we have to take everything off the table except a sheet of paper and a crayon.  You like to crawl across the table too.  We just finally gave in and let you do this just to keep you happy.  We have learned if we try to contain you in a restaurant you will go crazy.  So, you just do your thing:)
Your "INTENSE" smile!  We just can't stop laughing at how you do this.  You only do it when you see us pull out a camera.  So to get a normal smile we just get you laughing and someone has to be all sneaky and take a quick pic of you before you notice!


You have always loved pillows as I've said before.  You are now starting to cover yourself up with blankets when you go to sleep.  It is so cute to watch on the monitor.  It also gives me peace of mind that you aren't freezing in your bed!  You still prefer to sleep late.  If everyone is quiet in the morning, you will easily sleep until 9!  That is even when you go to bed at 7!  You love your naps too and prefer them to be 2-3 hours.  One of my favorite things is getting you out of your bed.  I love a sweet snuggly baby.  You always have so much to say when I scoop you up out of your bed.  It's just a bunch of long mumbled sentences but you sure know what you're saying!
Mom and I took a stroll through the mall awhile back and just let you roam around.  You were running in and out of stores so fast.  You would go in and then out over and over.  You liked posing in The Gap window too!  You went in and out of one store so many times that you messed up their alarm/beeper thing.  It was hilarious! 
At The Gap

You love to climb into Addison's booster seat.  Even though I push the chair all the way in, you will still find a way to squeeze your little body into that space.  Once you do you will let out a big shout, "I did it"!  You always say that when you do something you are super proud of!
One day we were getting ready to leave and I went in the garage and put my purse and everything in the car.  I walked back in the house for a split second and went back to the car.  THIS is what I found.  I was just confused and shocked.  You were sooo proud of yourself and were grinning from ear to ear. 

Your first of many braids.  If only you would leave them in!
Hanging out with Papa in his music room.  You sure do love Papa.  Y'all have recently bonded and I remember this was the age Addison bonded with him too!

I think you made Nona's day cause you really started playing with her and finally bonding!  I think it just takes awhile.  You don't get to see her a lot so it's kinda like you have to start over everytime.  Well, you really warmed up that day and y'all had a blast.  You would run across the room and then take off running towards her into her arms.  This went on forever! 

Hanging out at the Peach store eating the best peach ice cream.  Seriously incredible stuff.  We look forward to it every year. 


Can you tell you're a Momma's girl?  LOVE IT!

This is just plain typical. 
You are really ready to be done with the high chair.  You don't really want a booster either.  You are ready to be a big girl and sit like Mommy and Daddy sit.  We don't even get you a booster at restaurants.  You basically play "musical laps" the whole time.  Whatever keeps you happy!  Addison still prefers a booster and she just stays put the entire time. 
Doing some shopping at Target.  I believe we were stocking up for Addison's Hello Kitty B-day party.  You wanted everything in your lap.
This is one of the beautiful dresses that Nona smocked for me when I was this age!  You have a closet full of my smocked dresses and i just can't believe they have held up all these years!  It looked precious on you!
One of the main things about this stage is your wanting to stroll around naked all the time!  You rarely keep a diaper on anymore and I've just about given up on putting it on over and over.  You will take it off in no time!  It's so funny- and you have even tried to take your skin off!  You will pull at it after you take everything else off and just get really frustrated. 




This is what I usually see when I'm in the kitchen.  You walk around under my feet and speak your special language while looking at me like this.  You have the appropriate amount of words and they are clear but you try to speak in sentences and it just is so mumbled together and sounds a little like Chinese.  I know you wouldn't get nearly as frustrated if you could just communicate a little more clearly.  A lot of the times you will walk around pretending to cry and say, "Mommy Mommy" over and over.  I think in a way you would love to still be in that baby carrier strapped to my chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment