Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy 30th to ME!!

Oh I had a nice 30th birthday!  It was very low key and sweet, sweet, SWEET!  I don't really know why but I was super emotional on the day this year.  I can't remember how many times I cried in that one day.  They were all very happy and grateful tears though.  I thought about my emotions and what in the world could be going on.....Matt loved to add his two cents in at this point:)  I just think this time of year will always be a little extra sensitive because Addison's accident was on March 26, 2011.  I will always associate my birthday with her injury- my bday is March 23rd.  That is ok though.  As the anniversary grew closer I just found myself thinking about it alot more and how grateful I am that we have come SO far and that she is SO healthy.  It could have been a very different story.  It was very bad but it could have been so much worse.  Anyway, I need to save all of that for her big anniversary post!  
Mom came over on my birthday and Matt left work that day around noon.  We did cake and then Matt and I were off to pizza and a movie!  I just love getting to hang out with him- just the two of us!)  One of the best things about that day was how considerate Addison was.  Anytime it is someones birthday, she really gets with it and makes sure that person is totally taken care off.  She is always concerned if they have a drink and if it's what they really want, the first piece of cake, a plate, napkin......you get the idea.  She was definitely in charge of the whole thing and at the very end when I blew out my candles she shouted, "Mommy!  Don't forget to make a wish!"  If she only knew what my wish was (I choked back more tears as I told her I already made one).
Matt made my delicious cake.  We love the homemade ones cause Addison can enjoy them too!  Here she is helping Totsie put candles on the cake. 

Mom and Matt showed up with identical balloons for me!  I thought it was so funny- great minds think alike! (OR that was the only 30th balloon at the store)!

The very next day Matt and I went to Dallas for a getaway and stayed at Hotel ZaZa.  This is where we always stay if we are in Uptown.  That might be our last time though.  Something was different about it and we just might venture out next time. 
When we got there we stopped for lunch at the Idle Rich Pub.  We just love it there.  We like to eat on the deck and people watch on Mckinney. 
Oh this is funny- poor Matt.  He always gets me an ice cream cake and he ordered it in Dallas and we let the hotel keep it in their freezer till we are ready for it.  WELL, he gave very specific instructions to make it pastel colors (cause that's what I love). The look on his face was priceless!  He was so mad and disappointed.  He tried so hard and I just laugh everytime I look at the cake.  It was like red, purple, white, green and pink.  It was perfect:)  It tasted amazing and that's all that matters!
On Sunday we stopped by our favorite breakfast joint.  The Original Pancake House (Not to be confused with IHOP!)  It's incredible.  I could just eat there all day long.

A couple of weeks before we went to Dallas, we headed over to Baton Rouge so Matt could meet with some clients and we could pick up our new Tahoe!  On the way back I was craving Stanton Hall/ Carriage House in Natchez and Matt said, "Well lets go then."  I just didn't think about it being on our way home.   We would always go here growing up and I have the best memories of it.  I even did the pilgrimage at Elgin Plantation for 3 years.  I got to dress up in those cool hoop dresses and give tours of the house!  Anyway, the best memories. 
They closed at 2 that day and we called them probably 5 times telling them we were going to cut it close and they said they would let us in.  I'm telling you, I HAD TO HAVE those biscuits.  It was one of those situations. 

Matt was happy to take me there- no complaints on his part!

Seriously?!  I'm pretty sure I licked that plate.
Since we were the last ones to be seated and leave, I begged them for a thing of biscuits.  They were happy to give these to us cause they said they just throw them out at the end of the day!  WHAT??!  We didn't eat all of them though:)  I gave some to my parents. 

Hanging out in front- It was just beautiful.  We timed it perfect with the azaleas blooming.  They are my favorite!  They just scream Southern to me.
I thought this tree was so beautiful.  It's right in front of Stanton Hall.  See that house with the coral roof?  My great uncle Thomas Howard use to live there for many years. 

Here we are at the Dragon fly inside of Hotel ZaZa.  We had just gotten back from dinner and decided to be wild and crazy and stay up past 10.  We were soooo out of place.  It was almost uncomfortable.  But we had to take pictures to document and then we rushed back to our room.  I quickly changed into my raggedy old sweats.  I swear if we weren't staying there we wouldn't have gotten pass their special rope. 
The pool outside.  The last time we hung out by this pool was when we were living in Texas and I was pregnant with Addison. 


I think she looks SO grown up right here.  When I see pictures of her like this, I find myself trying so hard to see that baby girl I delivered almost 4 years ago.  Even in this picture I can still find those eyes and that same nose that I saw for the first time on July 29, 2008.
BLESSED!  Truly blessed.
Matt got me the new iPhone 4.  I knew in advance cause I got to pick out my case! 
Here's another one of those emotional things that happened.  So, our wedding video is on a VHS tape (it was in 2004 and I guess some people were still using VHS).  Anyway, for a very long time I have always worried that someday we would never be able to watch our wedding cause there would be no more VCR's.  It was one of those nagging, Honey do things that has always been on our list.  Well, he found a place that converted it to a DVD!  I knew it was possible, it was just making the time to do it.  So, when I opened it I was kinda shocked and thrilled and then I have no clue what happened.  Addison was pretty confused to say the least.  I had to explain that you can cry when you're happy too! 




Mom and I have always gone to Dallas for my birthday so we went the very next weekend!  That's right, two weekends back to back in Dallas- Perfection!  We got up early Saturday morning and ran 5 miles (stayed close to the hotel).  It was really fun and then we shopped and ate the rest of the time!  I really love running with her cause it is the only time we can talk without the girls screaming at us!

No comments:

Post a Comment