Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not much happening


This is just a complete random post about random stuff.  In the next few days I will be doing Melody's 5 month post and I wanted to get these on here before I forget.  This first pic might not seem that big of a deal and may look like a toddler running around in her diaper........BUT it is sooo much more than that!  Ya see, lately we have started this fun tradition at night where we have a "Dance Party."  It's where we just play music from our iphones and all dance around like big goofballs.  It is so much fun and such a positive and happy way to end the day.  I ADORE dancing (always have) and it makes my heart happy to see Addison have so much fun dancing.  The first time we did this we played the song "If It's Love" by Train.  She got so hooked on this song and kept saying "again" every time it was over.  So, it is hard to have dance party without it. 
Showing off her moves during Dance Party!

Sweet Melody Rose

 This is the latest Addison face.  I'm not sure where she got it, but she sure loves to do it a lot!  I think it's pretty funny and definitely has lots of personality.  This morning while I was changing her she looked over at her crib and called it brown and then black..........THEN had a long pause and said, "Chocolate wood."  Isn't that hilarious?!  What could be better than a bed made out of chocolate wood?  I love the mind of a child. 
 Matt turned the big 29 on January 25th!  We celebrated the weekend before and Mom and Dad came to stay so that we could have a date.  It was so nice to have a little alone time and actually talk!  We went to Superior Steak House and a movie.  Matt had his favorite cake at home and Addison enjoyed "blowing out" the candles. 



Daddy and Melody Rose

 Addison has been so fun lately.  I just love being with her and hanging out with her.  We have the best time goofing off together and things are so much easier since the tantrums have really started to go away.  In these pics I was just laying in her lap and she was being my dentist for the time being.  She loves to mess with eyes, mouth and hair.  She gets the biggest kick out of things and just cracks up laughing at the funniest stuff.  It's moments like this where I feel pure bliss and can't wait to spend my whole life with these two precious girls.  What an amazing gift.
 Anytime I get alone time with Addison, I will take her to Pet Smart.  I know it may sound silly but if you think about it, it is really just a free zoo!  Kind of a small zoo but it works.  She is obsessed with fish, birds and hampsters.  She thinks all the fish are Nemo's.  She LOVES to watch the hampsters run on the wheel.  She will squeal so loud because she gets sooo excited!  I also take her in the back to look at the dogs getting groomed.  I tell you what, sometimes the best entertainment is free! 
 I don't think I've ever talked about our kisses.  Well, it is a big deal.  Anytime we give kisses, we give eye kisses, nose kisses, ear kisses, cheek kisses, chin kisses, forehead kisses and lip kisses.  Whew!  That's a lot of love if you ask me!  She loves to do this and she does it all the time.  I think we started it as a funny and educational thing but now it is just a MUST!  I love it!
 Melody Rose will get her big 5 month post soon but I had to include this pic right now.  This little girl is on the move!  I have never seen a child so determined to get around and move at this age!  This bumbo thing has lasted maybe a month.  She is already trying to get out and do her own thing.  You can't leave her in it for one second!  Here she is before bedtime all snug as a bug in a rug!  She loves her swaddle and was enjoying being in our bed.

 Oh Addison, how your Daddy loves you!  Let me tell you what he went through the other night.  He camped out all night on the cold floor at the school just to ensure you get into this great school!  That's right........all parents get there on Sunday to sign the list and only a few spots are available.  Then, you have to stay all day and overnight to hold the spot and turn in your registration forms Monday morning at 8 AM.  We are happy to say we got you in and we got the LAST SPOT!  That was a close call.  Daddy got there at 1:30 PM on Sunday and the first person on the list got there at 5:50 AM that morning!  Crazy the things parents will do to get their kids into a good school!  Melody Rose, I have no doubt your Daddy will be doing the exact same thing for you one day!  Anyway, we showed up that night to bring Daddy some McDonalds and let you take a look around.  There were lots of families with lots of kids there.  You were the life of the party and very loud and confident from the second you walked in.  For a child that has never been to daycare or mom's day out, you are very social and outgoing!  You loved the classrooms and played and played with all the babies and toys.  I am positive you will love school and learn so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment