Saturday, January 7, 2012

Addison's First Christmas Play and Bathtime With Melody!

So, Addison had her first Christmas play the other day and it was absolutely precious!!  I didn't really know what to expect or how to feel cause I have never attended one of these before- obviously!  I brought Melody and knew she would be just fine cause she loves music and other kids!  I dressed the girls in matching Christmas dresses and Addison was completely in love with her "Fancy" socks.  They were just the typical lacey dress up socks.  BUT she thought they were cool cause they were just like Fancy Nancy's socks! 
Totsie and Papa joined in on the fun!  Papa made a quick trip over from work just to watch you sing!
The program started at 9:30 and school starts at 9.  I figured after I dropped you off at class I would run to Starbucks to kill time.  Well, after talking to Mrs. Blanchard, I realized I needed to rush to the Parish Hall before all the seats were taken!  This preschool stuff is serious!  These parents are NOT playing around!  I don't know how long it will take me to get in the groove of this school thing but hopefully it will be soon.  I walked in and was so surprised at all the parents already there.  I "reserved" our seats and let Melody run around the room while Mom and I watched.  I was waiting any second for someone to steal our seats!  Here's the cute backdrop. 
Melody thinking she should get some of the refreshments!  She loved walking everywhere since she had on her squeaky shoes.  Not sure how much the other parents appreciated the squeaking but it sure is better than listening to a crying baby!

Lovin' on Totsie!

Okay so this would be the moment that completely took me by surprise.  I will try and explain!  So, the sweet piano music starts to play and the doors swing open and these precious little preschoolers start walking through the door in a line.  All the flashes are going off and every parent is smiling ear to ear.  I had one of those uncontrollable moments where the floodgates opened when all of this was taking place.  It was just a really sweet moment that got me all choked up.  It wasn't about the "First Christmas Program" or how cute they all were that made me so emotional.  It all became about how incredibly blessed we are to see our "precious miracle" as I've always called her, walk through those doors on her own, being able to attend a school this year (we registered her at school 2 months before the accident and didn't know if she would be able to attend until right before), and just how darn proud we are of our little fighter.  She has fought like you wouldn't believe (even in my belly) and is one of the strongest and bravest little girls I know.  I truly admire you!!
When you walked in your eyes were scanning all over the room looking for us.  We told you we would be there and you were anxious to find us!  As soon as you did you started screaming our names!  You just lit up and were so very excited.  You would kinda sing every now and then.  You really loved swishing your dress all over the place though!

Every now and then you would find us again and get sooo excited and yell, "Mommy, Daddy, Totsie, Papa!" 
When it was over we had several people come up and say how, "spirited" you are and that you definitely don't have stage fright!  One of the teachers told us that we should attend music class everyday cause they have never seen you get that into it before!  You sat next to Elodie (you talk about her all the time)!  I was really surprised at how long the program was.  You all did VERY good standing up there for that long!
Here you are just chillin' on the couch.  You were very picky about where you wanted all your pillows!  I understand completely!

Melody LOVES bathtime!  I got some good pics the other night that are priceless!




Playing patty cake and peek-a-boo!

Seriously!  I'll just let those speak for themselves!  PRECIOUS Melody Rose!!


Here y'all are goofing around and tackling eachother!

No comments:

Post a Comment