Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Addison's 1st Halloween Party and some Trick or Treating!

Addison had her first Halloween party at school and it was so cute!  They strongly encourage 1 parent to attend these types of things and I was more than happy to do it!  Truthfully it helped calm me down since I would be able to monitor everything she ate or wanted to eat.  Her school has been amazing with her allergy.....it won't be long before they declare it a "peanut free" school.  They have been great clearing everything with us before they do anything like this.  
Anyway, back to the party.....I decided to dress up as my typical pumpkin cause they encouraged parents to do so.  I thought, "I really don't want to do this cause what if I'm the only one who does?  Or worse, what if I'm the only one that doesn't"?  I decided I would rather be the only one that did and at the end of the day it was really about making Addison happy.  She LOVED my costume and thought it was super cool:)  By the way, I was the only mom dressed up.  Addison went as a ladybug.  She wore the very same costume last year but we had no problem repeating it cause she obviously didn't remember!  She also really enjoyed it this year!  She insisted on wearing her hat and last year she wanted nothing to do with it!  We also weren't sure about trick or treating cause of the allergy and too many risks associated with that so we thought it might be silly to get a new costume for nothing!  I know this will be the last time we can get away with something like this!!

Here is the majority of her class.  They were sooo good lining up against that wall!  All the festivities took place outside and they divided them up in different groups so it wouldn't get too out of hand. 


There was this table full of yummy snacks and each kid got to scoop up their own in their bags.  They were telling all the kids to come make some "Monster Mix." Addison loved this cause it was all her favorite food!  She pretty much ate the whole time.

Never come between a girl and her oreos!!
They did a bean bag toss which was pretty exciting to you cause you do that in therapy!  I think you're getting pretty good at it too!
Picking out your bean bag and holding tight to your snacks!
Then it was story time.  Everyone got in this huge tent and ate their "monster mix" while listening to the pumpkin book.  Mrs. Blanchard had the story on tape so she got to sit back and turn the pages.  She was still very animated though!!  Mrs. Blanchard was also a ladybug!  You thought that was so cool!  I need to write this down cause I would hate to forget it......She is so wonderful with you.  I can tell that y'all have a special connection and that you hold a special place in her heart! 
Now THIS is funny!  So, this is the setup they had made for the cute individual picture.  They will take these pics and put them on a fall craft that you did at the festival.  Anyway, your turn was up and Mrs. Rose was doing everything she knew to do to get a tiny smile out of you.  I watched in amazement at the teenage face you were giving her.  So THIS will be the pic they will attach to your craft!
NOW, 5 seconds after she walked away I decided to give it a go and see what would happen.  Well look at that!  A big ole smile for momma!  I tried with Mrs. Rose but you wouldn't do a thing until she walked away!  I had to laugh and I might have to replace their picture with ours!  AND if you look close enough you can see the oreo mouth!  I believe you had just finished your second helping. 
You do this funny thing with your arms when we try to take your picture.  You always say, "DA DA DAAA."  It sounds like some super hero saying or something.  Then you will bend your arms and swing them when you say it.  I have NO IDEA where you got that one from!

Here y'all are singing to a few songs in music.  I believe y'all were doing the "Hokey Pokey."  Wow, you LOVE doing that song!  Oh, and that's Henry in the black.  You've had a little thing for him since day 1.  You have always loved talking about him and get the silliest smile on your face!  Oh boy.
When you got back to your room y'all got to do some more crafts.  This was just poking pipe cleaners into little holes in the pumpkins.  I was just sweating with fear cause this type of thing will set you off in a tantrum in no time.  I kept looking at the number of holes verses the number of pipe cleaners.  You were gonna have about 8 left over and I knew it would send you into a tailspin!  I had to explain that there were no more holes left and that we could give the extra back to Mrs. Blanchard.  After much convincing you quickly gathered them up, walked over to her while she was in mid conversation and started stuffing them in her hands.  She quickly caught on to what you were doing and just laughed.  You are such a little helper!

Showing off your pumpkin!
These are just some random pics of Melody.... just hanging out in the playroom.  She sure does like the camera!


SO HAPPY!
Now it has pretty much been decided that Melody will always get Addison's hand-me-down costumes until she really knows what's going on!  This year she was a flower.  I LOVED this costume on Addison and I was so excited that Melody would also get to wear it.  By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE having girls??! 
So, this was Halloween night and we decided to just get the girls dressed and sit on the front porch to hand out candy.  Our neighborhood is wild during these things and it is just fun to people watch.  After awhile we decided to go to Bill and Charlotte's and say hi to them.  Addison of course couldn't have the candy but she didn't even care!  We had her a nice little stash that she carried at all times.  She has found a new love of Sour Skittles. 
Putting on the costume piece by piece!
I think the headpiece is so precious!  I thought Melody would refuse to wear it but she did really good.  At first she kinda pulled at it and then I guess realized it wasn't going anywhere!


Addison was more than happy to put her ladybug back on.  Here we are walking to Bill and Charlotte's.  She wanted to show us her red tongue- thanks to the sour skittles. 
This is just priceless.  I wanted to include this cause one day I will look back and see all these smiley pics and think how easy it must have been.  NO!  Things are sooo not easy!  This is what happens about 90% of the time.  Actually both are usually screaming/crying.  And they feed off of eachother.  Ah, it's just a season and I always tell myself to not wish it away.  It will be gone in a flash and I really do try my hardest to slow it down and just enjoy the moment. 
These little antennas gave us problems last year.  They would hang in her eyes and really aggravate her!  So this year I just twisted them and problem was solved!  Didn't totally resemble a ladybug after that but that's ok!
Once the costumes were on (which was a HUGE fight), Melody was happy playing on her own.  I still cannot believe she left that hat on!  This is a little girl that won't even wear the tinniest little bow!


LOVE this one!

Have I mentioned that this little lady is a "momma's girl"?  Ha!  Everything is right in her world as long as I'm always holding her!




Fueling up on Sour Skittles!
Melody definitely enjoyed going through Bill and Charlotte's candy bowl.  She would grab a piece and try to give it to Bill.  Then she would put it back and try another one.  So sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment