Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy 10 months Melody!

So, this is your 10 month post but today you turned 11 months old!!  Hmmmm....procrastinating much??  Nah, not really procrastinating.  We are just super busy and always so very tired when I finally get a free minute.  So these pics range from around 9-to almost 11 months old.  We have been rocking and rolling this month and I really don't know where the last 4 weeks went.  You have definitely come into your own personality and it is fabulous:)  You have a sweet side that we always were aware of and all of a sudden you have shown us your new feisty side!  You are so funny and still love to giggle with Addison.  You are very good about playing by yourself and enjoy your sisters toys more than yours!  We can't take our eyes off of you for too long because you are very good at finding things you shouldn't be handling.  You are totally done with the exersaucer and jumper.  You just don't want anything to do with them anymore!  You have places to go and things to do!  You would love for me to hold you all day long (not really possible).  Addison does a really good job keeping you entertained and happy when I have to make your food or go to the bathroom!! 

This was in Target and was the first time I put both of you in the cart together.  I found it hilarious because after you get all the kids situated, there is just NO place to put anything!  Addison was my good helper and pretty much held everything that we needed.  You don't look too thrilled here but you were an angel and did just fine:)
I'm pretty sure Addison thinks you are her very own doll.  She just loves on you all the time and tells you that you have a cute belly and a cute booty!  She tries tickling you and will usually get a few good laughs out of you.  Y'all have this funny cough thing that you do together.  I think it started real but now has turned into a game.  I believe Addison was coughing one day after drinking her juice and you were studying everything she was doing.  Then, you copied her with a fake cough and then she did it back.  NOW this is y'alls thing and seems to keep you very entertained!  You have also learned how to make the kissing noise from Addison.  Now you just do the smack whenever you feel like it or when we ask for a kiss.  We haven't quite gotten the "blow kisses" down yet- I'm sure it won't be long!  You picked up on the word," Uh Oh" a few weeks ago.  I think we were just saying it a lot when you would repeatedly throw something down on purpose (hoping you would pick up on it)  and in no time you were saying it.  One of your favorite toys has been wipe packages.  That's right.  What's not to like about a plastic, crinkly, little package full of wipes?  AND you like to pull them out one by one really fast (of course you have to taste each one first).  So if I can't find any wipes, all I have to do is look for you!
Here you are before bedtime happy as can be.  These next 2 pics are how you typically are.  Just sooo happy and bright!

You love putting your feet together!
You are so into the dogs right now it is hilarious!  Addison never really cared or focused on them as much.  YOU love them and make a beeline for them anytime you can.  You always search the room to find them and always look for the other one if they aren't sitting together.  You love their collars and love to pat them pretty hard.  You squeal so loud when playing with them.  I think you favor Sunny more but Bentley is the one that would let you do anything!  Here you are riding him like a horse!  Poor Bubbi- he's not even sure what's going on. 
You have loved the swing this Summer- it is just sooo hot that we rarely get to do it!  109 degrees to be exact.  I guess we will have to wait for the Fall to roll around!
You said "DaDa" around 9 1/2 months and Daddy was super excited!  I told him it was coming and to just be patient!

You adore these mesh bag things.  I put frozen strawberries, bananas or blueburries in them and you just go to town!  They are a big mess but you really love them and so does Addison!  Atleast it's nutritious!

You won Most Photogenic at the Peach Festival this year!  We were super proud of you!  Last year Addison won and we decided to give you your shot and you got it!  NOW, each of you has a trophy and that is where it will end!  HA!  I can just hear it now, "MOM, why does she have a shiny trophy and I don't?  I want, I want I want!"  Trying to keep it equal here!  Anyway, your pic was up in the Children Shop window and it was so precious.  I had to get you in front of your prize.  You were proud, can you tell?



You LOVE Nona's glasses!

Maw Maw and Paw Paw came to visit and had a great time loving y'all!  Y'all loved the attention and definitely put on a show for them! 

You are such a poser! 
These monthly pics are getting harder and harder to take!  I hate to stop because I love to document so I will just keep on and hope the pics aren't too fuzzy!

Here you are with your first tooth. It was all by itself for a few weeks, then the one next to it came through.  Absolutely precious!
Here you are on Addison's birthday.  We had just gotten back from dinner and were letting her chow down on cake.  You will be joining in on the fun soon enough! 

You have a true obsession with keys.  Once you hear them you will search until you find them.  You try sooo hard to take them from me and get so mad when I won't give in.  I can't imaging what those suckers taste like!  It just makes me cringe!  By the way, this was your FIRST ponytail!  CUTE!!


Nona enjoyed loving on you at Addison's party.  You were so content just hanging with her!

About to sleep REAL good!
So, we started the sippy cup around 6 or 7 months and you were ok with it.  One day I didn't have a clean one for you so in my "much more laid back Mom style" I gave you a cup with a straw just like Addison's.  I figured, why not?  She has to learn somehow.  Let her practice!  Well, you didn't need any practice!  I looked over and you were just sucking through that straw like a pro.  WHAT??  I was so confused!  You loved it and we never looked back.  DONE with the sippy cups and moving on to the straw!  I am so glad cause the way they make those sippy cups are crazy these days.  So many parts and you gotta line them all up just right and it just takes too much time.  I don't care for that!  Anyway, I was confused because Addison had a hard time going to the sippy cup and it took forever to break her from the bottle (a few months before she turned 2).  and right around that time figured out the straw.  Every kid is different I tell ya!

Lounging in Mommy and Daddy's bed
This was the first time we put you in a restaurant high chair.  We were at Log Cabin and you did great!  You were really into looking around and just being apart of the whole group!
You love this table and have now been pulling to a stand for awhile.  You did it at 10 months and a week.  I think you get scared sometimes and don't really know how to get down.  This all has opened lots of doors for you!  Because of this we have dropped your crib!  Up until 10 months you would rather roll everywhere and kind of do the army crawl/ drag across the floor.  You could get anywhere you wanted by rolling.  You would literally roll across the whole room to get to something on the other side!  A few weeks after you hit 10 months you finally figured it out and you just took off!  Once you got your belly off the floor it all started to make sense.  It has been a busy house since then!
One day I was desperate for something new and exciting and forgot we had this fun tunnel stored away.  Wow, did you love it!  You crawled in and out of this sucker and would just sit in there and chew on some plastic figurines.  At first I had to throw the toys in there to get you interested and then you quickly learned what to do.  It was like Fort Melody!
I am sooo glad we padded this fireplace recently because we can't keep you off of it.  I don't know what the attraction is but you just love to crawl up and down and then finally sit on top.  Ever since you have been on the move you love to play chase with me.  I will always get behind you and tell you,"I'm gonna get ya."  You laugh so hard and those knees start moving as fast as they will go!  Sometimes you get too excited and your knees fall out from under you and you do a little belly flop.  You still keep on giggling!  Oh it's so fun!  I just love it and have truly loved this stage.  It has been wonderful/amazing getting to see your bright personality develop over the past few months.  We love you so much Melody Rose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment