Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy 3 Months Melody!


Sweet Melody Rose....I can't believe you are already 3 months old!  You have been such a sweet little baby and a true blessing to us!  I just LOVE snuggling with you!  You are my cuddle bug and really love to be held.  You light up so much when I talk to you and give you a big smile.  I can always get a smile out of you when I say "Hiiiii."  I have to REALLY exaggerate it.   You have got one of the sweetest smiles around!  You gave me your first giggle on December 7th. (just 2 days shy of 3 months).  You have only done it a few times but gosh it is so wonderful.  So that means that I have been acting really silly just to hear the next laugh from you!  You have been sleeping around 8 hours at night.  You don't do it every night though.  You will have 3 good nights in a row and then 1 where you will wake up once to eat for about 10 minutes.  You rolled over (belly to back) on December 1st. (a week shy of 3 months).  I am trying my hardest to document this stuff for you because I did the same for Addison and have it all in her baby book.  I think you decided to roll over because you finally got fed up with doing tummy time.  Bless your heart!  You start off liking it and then you get sooo mad!  Addison is still completely in love with you.  She always wants to touch you, lay by you and love on you.  I believe you love her back!  We are so excited for your first Christmas.  Santa will certainly be coming to visit:) 


 Here we are making those sweet little hand print ornaments.  I had a wonderful vision where they would turn out perfect.  Oh well!  I think it is near impossible to get a 3 month olds hand completely flat!  Sooo, Melody's did not turn out the way I wanted.  We will definitely try again next year!  Addison's turned out great.  She had a meltdown right as we were doing it and it was almost a bust.  Matt stayed strong and it turned out precious!  I love ornaments like this.  I can't wait for our tree to be filled with sweet little handmade crafts!

 Yesterday we decided to make Christmas cookies.  We had a blast listening to Christmas music, rolling out the dough, and decorating to our hearts desire!  It is so easy to get caught up in everyday chores--- and if you don't watch out, you will miss out on so many fun memories.  Sooo, I ignored all the silly stuff that can wait for a rainy day and enjoyed some delicious time with my family!  I'm thinking we should do this more often.  I just let Addison go for it.  Who cares if it's messy?  I loved it.  I just took the lids off and that hand went straight in the jar!  She flung those decorations everywhere!  She then would swipe her finger across every cookie we iced.  Lets just say she LOVES icing!  When we pulled it out she called it Mayonaise and butter.  Hilarious!  Have I told y'all about her obsession with butter?  HA!  That deserves a whole post of its own! 




 Melody slept through most of this.  She got involved towards the end here.  She was excited- can you tell?  I know she will be next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment